Sunday, May 8, 2011

Having Faith

I've written about this before... but I have to write about it again!  I had a few sleepless nights as I worried about how I was going to come up with the $6500.00 for the orphanage fee and a few other fees that need to be wired over to China in the next few weeks.  I filled out one more grant and loan application and prayed a lot.  I prayed to be patient and to trust that this was God's plan.  I am a planner and so having to wait is always hard for me!

On Thursday we received a VERY generous check from our church with the memo line that said "blessings".  I cried a few thankful tears and thanked God for giving me hope again. 

That night we were sitting on the deck talking about ways we could come up with the money.  We decided to check into my retirement account.  From my research, it seemed we could possibly take a hardship withdrawal because I had surgery in February and one of the reasons you can take a hardship withdrawal was to pay for medical expenses.  The amount that I could take was $5,800.00.  I checked with my head of school on Friday, filled out a few forms, and should know this week if it will work.  After the penalties, taxes, etc...  I should get about $5,000.00.  When I combine that with the very generous donations we've received so far, we'll have the amount needed! 

This is truly God's work and He is working through the most amazing people!  We are blessed and thankful and amazed and surprised and lucky and happy!  Katelyn's middle name is perfect- because we've had to have FAITH this entire journey!  God is at work in our life and we are truly thankful!

I am so lucky to be celebrating this Mother's Day as a mother of two!  I love you Brennan and Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment