Sunday, February 26, 2012

Friends!

I have been wondering what to give up for Lent this year and then at church today the message was not "what to give up" but "what can bring you closer to God"?   The message was perfect...

Let me explain:
Anyone who knows me well, knows I am horrible at keeping in touch- I love them for understanding that about me.  There are also some friends that I have really let down because of my own stressful times and time restraints. I love that they can find it in their hearts to forgive me!   I always care about my friends and family but don't always show it well.  

The message at church this morning was perfect!  I don't have to give something up- I need to do more to show my friends and family how much I care!  So for the next 40 days I am going to do 40 things to SHOW everyone how much I care!  So many people are in my heart and on my mind every single day... but showing how much I appreciate them is something I need to do better!

I am so excited about Lent this year!  It means so much more to me than my previous 40 days of giving something up, which have included french fries and Oreos in past years (difficult at times but I was successful).  I hope the next 40 days will become a lifetime of me becoming a better friend!!

I do want to say thank you to so many people that hang with me no matter what!  You all mean the world to me and your guidance, support, laughter, and memories truly mean everything! God has blessed me with all of you and I do thank Him everyday!  With that said, I hope you all forgive me for my shortcomings... I always say my kids are a "work in progress" and the same is true of me!

As I said in an earlier post... one of my daily mantras is "Let me be patient, kind, loving, and sincere..."  I promise that my 40 days of "showing" truly comes with sincere and loving thoughts!

Thank you to all my friends and family! I do love and care about all of you!

Happy Lent!
Love,
DeAnna

No comments:

Post a Comment