Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy But Busy Days!

I just sent our official letter of acceptance back to our adoption agency!  It amazes me that a package can get from Utah to North Carolina overnight and then back again overnight!  I also just sent our visa applications to Washington DC to be processed.  If anyone needs a wonderful courier service in Washinton DC I highly recommend The Paper Stork!  They helped me know exactly what to write on the Visa applications, what to copy, and what to send.  It was so helpful!

I've decided to apply to two more adoption grants.  I feel so lucky that there are so many agencies that offer grants, but I do feel like it's becoming a part time job.  Each one takes about two to three hours to fill out.  We got a denial message yesterday from Gift of Adoption which bummed me out.  I talked to another wonderful grant organization today and she said to resubmit my application for review. She thought that it was because our file was reviewed in February and we weren't planning on traveling until July.  They would want to give the grant to someone who was traveling sooner.  That made sense to me and made me feel better.

Any prayers about our grants would be so appreciated!  We're waiting to hear from Show Hope, Caroline's Promise, National Adoption Foundation, Eliya's Heart, and Golden Dawn.  I hope one or two will come through for us... but regardless of the outcome they are all amazing organizations that help so many people!  I'm getting ready to apply to Katelyn's Fund and A Child Waits.  I love Katelyn's Fund- it just seems like a sign to help bring our Katelyn home!  I also love how they do an interview if your application is accepted.  I'd love the chance to actually talk to someone who was making the decision!  A Child Waits was so helpful on the phone today. It was nice to actually talk to someone!  So we have our fingers crossed and we keep thinking positive thoughts that everything will work out.  We DO believe that this is God's plan!

We've loved all the e-mails and congratulations from everyone!  It is so much fun sharing the excitement with so many people who truly care!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment