Sunday, April 3, 2011

Life Through The Easter Bunny's Eyes


This is my second year being the Easter Bunny at a local mall, and I love my time in the bunny suit!  I can't talk when I'm the bunny (which is hard for me).  I love that kids are comfortable just sitting with me and no conversation is needed.  Often the parents are busy looking at the pictures and the kids just sit quietly on my lap, snuggled into my fur.  Today the camera wasn't working correctly and so I was able to hold a three week old boy for twenty minutes!  It truly was special! 

I have so many wonderful memories and funny stories!  This year an adult was knocking on my head and poking my leg.  When she realized I was real she apologized over and over.  I was laughing so hard... but of course silently!  I also have favorite times!  I love when I can gain the trust of a hesitant child and finally get a big hug from them.  I love all the kids that wave or tell me they love me.  I love the pictures that they make for me, or the games we can play by copying each other.

During the quiet times this year I am thinking a lot about Kate.  I realize that so much can be communicated without words, which makes me feel better about the language barrier we will have when we finally get to meet her.  I also think about Brennan and his personality.  He never liked the bunny much- until last year when he found out I was one of the Easter Bunny's helpers.  I wonder if Kate will be hesitant like Brennan, or if she will be one of the kids that runs and hugs the bunny without hesitation.  Knowing Brennan, he'll hold Kate's hand and tell her the bunny is nice.  I know he'll want to help her a lot!

I have four more appearances as the Easter Bunny this year... many more hugs and funny stories to look forward to!  And did I mention... I get paid to do this?!!!  Okay- it's not a lot of money, but I will make enough this year to pay for the China Visa fees!  I am blessed in so many ways!

1 comment:

  1. Julia Warren-UlanchApril 3, 2011 at 9:42 PM

    Who knew you were the Easter Bunny! What a great experience.

    ReplyDelete