Sunday, May 8, 2011

Busy Days

Busy Weekend!

My life seems to be on fast forward- but that's exactly how I like it! 
Monday- New Parent Meeting at school.
Wednesday- My head of school's retirement party at Brier Creek Country Club.
Thursday- tutoring
Friday- helped a friend start a blog, tutored and then went with a few friends to see the movie Water for Elephants.  We had read it a few years ago in book club and loved it!  The movie was truly amazing!  I'd definitely see it again!
And then the weekend...
On Saturday, I did a few things for school after catching up and watching American Idol.  We also took the last of our loan and grant applications to get notarized and sent them!  It's so nice to have all that paperwork behind me!  Saturday night I met seven fifth graders and another teacher/friend at school for the fourth annual Raleigh School Sleepover.  We volunteer our time and it is bid on at the silent auction during the carnival.  We meet at 6:00 PM and the kids get picked up at 8:00 AM the next morning.  We truly had fun and the girls were so sweet and enjoyable to be with.  I think the last girl finally fell asleep around 4:00 AM!  Needless to say, we were all a little tired on Mother's Day!

I met Dave and Brennan at church at 8:30 AM for an excellent service.  I finally got to catch up a little with Dave over our weekly coffee while Brennan was at Sunday School.  After we picked Brennan up, we enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Chili's.  I did a little shopping and then tackled the latest bit of paperwork for China.  Our agency is wonderful!  For each form I needed to fill out, they had a very detailed tip sheet to help. We have a few copies to make and a few more things to get notarized.... and then my attention will turn to starting the second grade progress reports.  I have to have them all completed and my room cleaned/organized before I leave on June 3rd.  I do like a challenge!
 
Dave was so helpful as he spent about eight hours fishing with Brennan this weekend.  Brennan caught  A LOT of fish!  I sure hope Kate enjoys fishing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment