Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Countdown Begins!

We have our consulate appointment confirmend in China for June 15th at 8:30 AM.  That will be our last appointment needed to bring Kate home! 

Now that we have the date, we can make flight arrangements!  We'll be leaving on June 3rd to travel to Guangzhou and will get Kate on June 6th.  We'll spend the next two weeks together bonding, sightseeing, swimming, and having fun (with a few appointments here and there).  We should be back in America on June 18th!

We don't know our flight details exactly because I'm still searching for the best deal!  I will post my itinerary as soon as I know it though!

The sad news is that I learned from work that I have to use five of my personal days since I'll be missing the "official work days at school".  I was truly hoping to work ahead of time (and will anyway) in order to make up for the days missed.  At least I have enough days accumulated and so they will still be paid days.  I was disappointed, but the thought of making Kate wait another week because I had to clean my classroom wasn't worth it to me.  The sooner we get her the better!

We'll meet Kate in 32 days!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment