Saturday, July 30, 2011

Home Sweet Home!

On Tuesday I finally tackled the kids' room and it turned out GREAT!  Brennan and Kate have to share a room for about a year until we get a chance to finish our attic.  I think they both like sharing a room- especially at night since neither child wants to sleep alone!  I was going to get bunk beds for the kids but Brennan wanted to keep his loft bed so I brought our old toddler bed down from the attic.  It is the perfect size for Kate so she can get in and out of it by herself. 

Kate's bed



Brennan's bed





The kids enjoyed a lazy day while I worked in their room.  They were a little bored by the afternoon so we took a trip to Target and Walmart to get bedding for Kate.  Of course we ended up with Hello Kitty things!  Kate was so excited... until it was bedtime and she actually had to sleep in there.  It was heartbreaking to hear her crying... but after about two hours of crying it became frustrating.  We couldn't give in though... and she FINALLY fell asleep.  Wednesday and Thursday night were a little easier and by Friday night she did GREAT!  I hope she'll continue to do so well... I truly expected our night time battles to last another week or longer!  It is nice that our house is so small and our bedrooms are so close together.  It became easier when I explained that all families sleep with a mommy and daddy in one room and the kids in another room.  She is so smart and understands English so well.  She kept asking me,  "Mommy right there?" as she pointed to my room.  She is so cute!  And sweet Brennan has slept in his own room too- which is huge for him!  He usually sleeps all over the house and has done that for the last two or three years. He truly likes that someone else is in his room!  He did "sneak" back into our room this morning around 7:00 AM... but that's not too early!  We are so happy that both of them are adjusting so well!

I spent Wednesday unpacking more things and doing laundry. By Thursday we were ready to play again!  First we had to go to Kate's doctors appointment though.  The poor little munchkin had to get three shots!  She didn't even cry though and only said "ouchy" one or two times while pointing to her arm.  She is so tough... but at the same time will cry for little things.  Brennan and I smile when she bumps her head lightly and starts to cry... she seems to have it backwards.  

After her shots we stopped by school to say hi and then ran to the pool to meet a friend and her kids for a few hours.  Jenn met us there with her six year old son (Zach) and her two year old (Eva Grace).  We swam for a few hours and then ran home so I could tutor Isaac for two hours.  While I tutored Isaac, Brennan wrote a few thank you notes and Kate played with Isaac's babysitter, Toby.  Isaac was happy to finish his work and play with Brennan!  They had a HUGE Nerf Gun Battle!  It was a lot of fun!




Brennan changed into
camouflage for the big
battle.


Isaac and Brennan


Brennan going for his walk.













Thursday night Brennan got a little frustrated and packed a bag... he ran away once when he was four and walked across the parking lot to the big rock and sat there.  He came back after five minutes.  This time when he packed his bag and walked out the door, I commented, "Brennan last time you ran away you said goodbye."  He assured me that he was NOT running away... he was just going for a walk.  I joined him for his walk and we laughed and had a great time. I think my little guy just needed some mommy and Brennan alone time.  I loved what he had packed in his bag- all four of his favorite snugglies and two water bottles filled with water.  He is so cute!  I also loved that he needed a walking stick! 

I love his backpack and
walking stick.
 On Friday we took Kate to another appointment and tutored Isaac again.  Then we took Kate to her first movie at the theatre.  We met Jennifer and her two kids (Megan and Laurel) and saw Smurfs (which was another cute movie).  Kate seemed to enjoy the movie and sat between the girls.  After the movie we went to Jennifer's house for dinner and to play.  Megan and Laurel went through their things and found a ton of Hello Kitty things for Kate!  She was so excited!  Brennan always has fun with the girls because they like to fish almost as much as he does!  We loved looking at their pictures from their last tournament where Laurel caught her first sailfish!  It was a great evening!

And now Saturday... I finally found time to catch up on the blog.  Of course I did that before vacuuming, dusting, or any other cleaning duties.  Hee hee!


I also want to mention how lucky we are... members from our church have been bringing us dinner every other day all week.long.. and will continue to do so next week too! It was so nice to return from vacation and not have to worry about cooking!  Thank you Pleasant Grove!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment