Wednesday, June 8, 2011

First afternoon/and night with Kate

We had a great night! Brennan went to sleep at 5:00 PM so Kate and I had dinner in the room. We tried to wake Brennan up, but he was too tired! Kate and I went to bed around 8:00 PM. She just looked at me and kept touching me- it was so sweet! I think she was afraid I was going to go away. Of course Brennan woke up at 12:30 AM wide awake.  I was on the computer when he woke up so I crawled into bed with him. After a little bit, Kate woke up and looked for us. When she saw us she had the biggest smile! Brennan said I should go sleep in her bed because she might be scared. I thought that was so sweet of him! Then he decided to crawl into bed with the two of us… none of us could fall back asleep! Kate was the only one to get more sleep at around 4:00 AM but then we were all up for breakfast at 6:00 AM. Brennan was STARVING since he didn’t have lunch or dinner!

After breakfast we went back to the canal to go fishing. All Brennan caught was a tree (up above us) and lost his hook. So now we will be on an adventure looking for a hook!

Peter (our guide) picked us up at 9:00 AM for several appointments. Brennan and Kate were awesome- especially considering how tired they both were! Kate had to have a TB test and didn’t even cry. That broke my heart that she wouldn’t cry even for that. Poor little girl!

Peter took us to a grocery store which was an adventure! Our driver also went into the store with us. So there were three adults and two kids shopping. We hope to eat one meal in the room each day and eat one meal out. Breakfast is always included! Brennan pushed the cart all over the store and we picked up some good food. Good thing we had to Chinese speaking men with us or we would have ended up with yogurt instead of milk and who knows what else! LOL. The driver got a kick out of Brennan because he was being so helpful! All I did was carry Kate around the store and Brennan and Peter and the driver did all the work! I got a couple of pictures but I’ll upload them later. Brennan is waiting patiently for me to finish so we can go fishing again. I’ll write more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment