Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tenth Day



Huge snail that Jessica found
Thursday the kids slept until about 7:00 AM and then we headed to breakfast before we met Peter at 9:00 AM to go to the zoo.  We were going with Bob, Whitney, Liaminn (their new daughter), Jessica and Aiden (their mom was not going), Brennan, Kate, and myself.  The five kids were so well behaved and had sooo much fun! Peter went into the zoo with us and made sure we saw all the animals we wanted to see- he knew his way around! Some of the highlights were feeding the giraffes, seeing the Pandas, and petting many animals in the petting zoo section. Kate wanted to stay in her stroller for most of the time but started venturing out a little more towards the end.  She was happy and excited, but just likes the comfort of being in her stroller when she’s not sure about something. 

The kids were starving when we got back so we went to get Leigh and their new baby Shayle  (I spelled Leigh’s name wrong yesterday) and we all went to Lucy’s for lunch.  After lunch the kids wanted to play in the park but I wanted to take Kate back for a nap so Leigh offered to take all of them.  I felt so funny going back to the hotel without Brennan- it was the first time I wasn’t with him in twelve days!  I’m glad I took Kate back though- she fell right to sleep and slept for over two hours! 

She would have kept sleeping but the phone rang.  It was Peter asking me to meet him in the lobby because he had Kate’s visa and paperwork all set form the embassy.  Now that we have those papers, we are free to go… however our flight doesn’t leave until late Saturday evening.  In some ways I wish our agency would have told us we could leave early on Friday or late Thursday, but in some ways I’m happy to have two more nights here. 

I went to Leigh’s room to check on Brennan and we all decided to go to the pool.  Shayle loved the water and of course the rest of the kids did too!  Brennan even took time out of his fun to play with Kate a little by splashing her (which she loves).  After about two hours the pool closed and so we decided to go get some dinner at the Deli.  Brennan was amazed that I let Kate try a little of my orange soda- in his words, “Mom what are you thinking giving a little four year old soda?!!”  He’s so funny because he’s also been safeguarding what she watches on TV.  He’s already protecting his little sister!

Jessica, Aiden, and Brennan were so well behaved today that I agreed to a sleepover.  The three of them were so excited!!!!  So they are all sharing a little bed after watching a movie.  They were so tired from the day that they all fell asleep within an hour!  One of the easiest sleepovers ever!  Brennan just moved to the bottom of the bed and is laying sideways.  They are truly cute together!

It’s hard to believe that it is already Friday.  We don’t have any plans yet but I’m sure we’ll have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment